Oral Sex with cut - freaking out!

Dr. Bob,

I am a huge fan of yours and will donate once again!

I have a small cut/sore on my penis. Last night, I received oral sex from a partner of unknown status. It lasted maybe a minute or two. I didn't do anything else risky - should I go in for PEP? Is testing warranted after the 3-month mark?

Thanks Dr. Bob - you are a true hero!

PEP would not be warranted, as your HIV-acquisition risk is extremely low. Primarily for psychological peace of mind you could get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this brief blowjob, even with the small cut on Mr. Happy.

Thanks for your kind comments and willingness to support The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Both are warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will forever be HIV free.

Atripla and CD 4
PEP and Timing of Symptoms of HIV