Emergency question, PEP needed?

Hello Dr.Bob, I've been reading up all morning (and night) on indications for PEP. Last night I engaged in receptive oral sex (a friend I see regularly, says he's HIV negative tested a year ago - so not sure how valid things are). I was (not sure how to phrase this)...skull f*cked pretty hard, but - didn't let him cum in my mouth, and tried to spit out as much pre-cum as I could. Here's my issue - I have a knick in my mouth - not really a cut or an open sore - when I rinsed with mouthwash, it didn't sting and when I probe it, it doesn't bleed or puss or anything. Doesn't look that inflamed, just isnt' usually there and it's making me nervous. Some sources say 'yes' to PEP for any body fluid exposure, some say 'no' for oral sex. Where does that leave me!? Let me know how to donate to this kick-ass form. Thanks, Mikey

Hey Mikey,

What do you mean you don't know how to describe your sexual interlude? I'd say "skull f*cked pretty hard" is poetically very descriptive and paints a really vivid virtual image of what transpired.

Most HIV specialists would not recommend PEP for this degree of risk. One option you might consider would be to ask your jackhammer top gun to get a rapid HIV test. Results are available in just a few short minutes. If he's negative, your risk would be significantly decreased to the very remote possibility that he is in his window period (very recently infected but not yet producing detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in the blood).

Mikey, a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark is all that's warranted.

Thanks for your desire to support The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that you are now and will forever be HIV free.

Am I at HIV risk doctor, can you please help
hiv and cortisone