undetectable and risk on passing

Hi Dr. Frascino, I have a boyfriend and he is negative. I am positive undetectable for a few years. He is only top me only bottom. we really want to have sex without condoms. What do you say?

Having an undetectable viral load decreases the risk of HIV transmission but it does not completely eliminate it! Barebacking, even with a negative HIV viral load, is still risky business. You can read much more about this topic in the archives of this forum. I strongly advise that you continue to use latex condoms for penetrative sex.

resident doctor - please consider this query
Am I at HIV risk doctor, can you please help