Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Weird situation and weird symptoms
Apr 17, 2011

Hey Dr. Bob You are a legend. I am just writing because I am very confused. I will make this short. 1) Met with a "woman" who lied to me about her gender 2) unprotected receptive oral 3) Protected insertive anal sex 4) She came on my stomach and then wiped it off and inserted it into my anus (WITHOUT ASKING ME!!!!!) 5) Didn't know about pep

Symptoms 1) at 3 weeks after encounter developed a sore throat which has lasted 6 weeks 2) at 5 weeks after encounter Lymph nodes become swollen in neck 3) at 6.5 weeks after encounter cue night sweats for 3 days + cough+ sinus infection (no fever) 4) at 7 weeks small white spots appear on my fingers and my arm as well as various patches around my body.

I have gotten the following tests 1) HIV duo-23 days=negative 2) HIV duo 35 days= negative 3) antibody test at 42 day=negative (coincidentally the day my night sweats started)

What do you make of the situation ( I will donate after I figure out what is going on one way or another)

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Negative HIV-antibody tests out to day 42 following a potentially risky episode are very encouraging, but not yet definitive. You'll need to retest at the three-month mark for a conclusive result. The statistical odds are all in your favor that you did not acquire the virus from this sexperience. Your "symptoms" are not worrisome for HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS).

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month test remains negative.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
I want to donate to your foundation
Next
Why nobody believe me??? Vanishingly rare case!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.