Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I want to donate to your foundation
Apr 17, 2011

Dear Dr. Bob Frascino Hi doc first of all congratulations for the wonderful work you are doing it will be great to donate for helping other please send wire transfer directions as im outside the US. I have a quick question, 10 weeks ago I have protected sex with a prostitute, I practiced unprotected cunnilingus on her, her vagina lloked healthy and didnt have any blood on her, I also frenche kissed her and received unprotected blowjob from her, 5 days after the encounetr i tooked her to be hiv tested, the test came back non-reactive for hiv antibodies and antigen p24, I will be tested in two weeks which will be three months after the encounter, should i consider the resut as conclusive considering my situation? What is my risk of contracting hiv from this situation??

Thanks, best regards Daniel

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Daniel,

Protected sex is indeed considered to be "protected" if the latex condoms are used properly and don't break. Cunnilingus carries only a negligible risk for HIV acquisition, assuming there are no extenuating circumstances. (See link below plus you can read about these in the archived chapter devoted to oral sex. Have a look.)

Yes, your three-month test would be considered conclusive. Considering your gal-pal tested nonreactive (negative) at day five, the odds are beyond astronomical that you, too, will test HIV negative.

Thanks for your desire to support The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

To make a direct wire transfer, please follow these wiring instructions:

ABA 026009593

Bank of America, N.A.
100 West 33rd Street
New York, NY

Account #: 6550113516

Account Name: Merrill Lynch

Reference: For final credit (830-04C48, The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation, 1000 Fremont Avenue, Suite 145, Los Altos, CA 94024)

For International banks, use SWIFT-BIC: BOFAUS3N

In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative. I'm highly confident it will be.

Good luck Daniel.

Dr. Bob

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Q213246.html

Previous
Disease progression - not asking you to play bookie!
Next
Weird situation and weird symptoms

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.