Total BS or Not?

Hi Doc, I (and im sure many others as well) have been reading numerous sources and forums incl this one, where it is very clear that oral sex is very LOW/ZERO risk...

I came across the post of a young gay male on a forum where he is saying that his infection with HIV is PURELY from Oral sex... he states he has NEVER had unprotected sex, and the only unproteced sexual act he has ever engaged in , is ORAL.. if this were the case, surely this would be documented by the CDC etc as a confirmed case? this post is from December 2010..

Is there truth in this post or is it possible that it is total BS? Thanks Doc...

this is the link : http://www.hopkins-aids.edu/q_a/patient/recent_questions/re__re__re__how_did_i_become_poz_by_safe_sex_.html?contentInstanceId=542899&siteId=7151

This is an anecdotal report, not a "documented confirmed case." In other words, it's this guy's story, but neither I nor the CDC can confirm or document it, because neither I, the CDC, nor the sex police were there documenting the blow-by-blow, so to speak. We don't know if there may have been extenuating circumstances, such as trauma or concurrent STDs. Or perhaps he conveniently forgot a very brief Brokeback Mountain bareback moment. The best we can do is advise that based on large epidemiological studies the risk of HIV transmission from oral sex appears to be extremely low (but not absolutely zero). You can read more about this in the chapter devoted to oral sex in the archives of this forum.

Ilvitrim
want to know `