Apr 15, 2011
What is Ilvitrim used for
Response from Dr. Frascino
Ilvitrim is sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim. It's an antibiotic used to treat respiratory infections. It can also be used as prophylaxis against some AIDS-related opportunistic infections, such as pneumocystis carinii pneumonia.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Antifungal Pills For Thrush
- If Your Stomach Hurts Does That Mean You Have Hiv?
- How Polygamy Can Cause Hiv Aids Stds?
- If You Have Sex With A Girl And Another Without A Condom Do I Have Hiv?
- Why Does Having Chlamydia Increase The Risk Of Hiv Transmission?
- What Can Cause A False Positive Hiv Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.