Confused

Ive been suffering from severe tonsilitus for 3 weeks and awaiting a tonsilectimy. I suffer from severe tonisilitus 3 times ayear and have done since i was a teenager. I also suffered at the beggining with a temperature and muscles aches. It has been suspected before that it could be glandular fever. I had a hiv test when I joined an english nhs gp practise. Today I was told by a very confused doctor that it shows levels of hiv. so i need to go for another test this week. Can you tell me if this low level could be being confused with the fact im suffering from severe tonisilitus and been on antibiotics for 3 weeks. Ive researched online and seen infectious mononucleosis, could this be a confusion as i know the nhs is overstretched?

Please help

A "very confused doctor?" What's up with that? HIV diagnostic testing is really very straightforward if the appropriate tests are properly ordered and interpreted. (It's really not rocket science!) If you've never put yourself at risk for HIV, you should have absolutely nothing to worry about, as there could be no way you could be HIV infected. If you have put yourself at risk (unsafe sex or sharing intravenous syringes), HIV testing is warranted.

I would suggest you request a more experienced (and less confused) doctor for your next visit. Your chronic tonsillitis and use of antibiotics would not affect HIV-antibody test results.

TB=HIV?
Oral and sex with a stripper