HIV transferred with a sex worker

Hello Doctor Robert. First, I want to thank you for the very useful information you have been giving all the time. my story is the following: I am a 23 years young man lives in Canada. I had been a virgin until two months ago when I had my first experience in sex with a sex worker. We didn't have oral neither hand job, I put on a lifestyle latex condom and I plugged my penis into her vaginal for 5 minutes and thats it, the condom neither break nor split out. We even didn't kiss. After we were done, she took off the condom and she went to have a shower. I took the condom and I filled it with water to make sure that it didn't break, and it was ok!!! since then I have been so worried about HIV. I have been seeing symptoms such as headache "which I still feel it", a little pain in my throat and unbelievable stress. my experience I can describe it by terrible. I got tested HIV after one month and it was negative but I know it is not definitive. Please Doctor tell me the risk in my situation, I am so worried that I even can't sleep. Please I need your answer just to know where I stand. I will test again when I complete the three month period but till then, I need to know. I will donate soon "$50" to "The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation". Thank you.

Protected sex is indeed "protected," assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break. That's why it's called protected. Clever, eh?

Your symptoms are not consistent with HIV acute retroviral syndrome. Rather, they are very consistent with anxiety. I have absolutely no doubt your definitive three-month HIV-antibody test will be negative. If you continue to experience "unbelievable stress," despite my reassurance, talk to your doctor. Anti-anxiety medication and/or psychotherapy (counseling) could help you cope with the anxiety associated with waiting through the window period for your definitive test result.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV test remains negative. I'm highly confident it will indeed be negative.

HIV virus survival in bodily fluids outside the body
Just Checking on You