Apr 14, 2011
Does ELISA HIV test, get us tested for HIV-1 and HIV-2?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
There are specific HIV ELISA tests for HIV-1 and HIV-2. Sometimes these are run at the same time and labeled an HIV-1/2 test. Your doctor or clinic can advise what type of test you may have taken and/or what types of tests are available to you. You can read much more about HIV diagnostic tests in the archives of this forum. Have a look!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Blood Work Tell If Had Hep B Vaccine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.