Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

WTF is going on???
Apr 14, 2011

Hello Dr. Bob, thank you for the time you spend helping others.

My question is WTF is happening...I had a significant exposure to a + female 2 years ago and experienced many ARS symptoms; fever, night sweats, sore throat (lost voice), extreme fatigue, rash on torso (mostly back), white tounge, all lasted for 2-3 weeks, started about 2 weeks after encounter...white tongue still exists, thrush (dr confirmed) has developed over the past 6 months...Have had/do have folliculitus, angular chelitis, frequent sore throat and ear infections.

I had AB tests at baseline, 4, 6, 10, 12, 25 and 52 weeks, all neg. Also had PCR RNA at 3, 6, 12 weeks, all negative.

The most concering issues are the the timing of the ARS symptoms, the rash and the thrush...WTF is going on? Should I contact an Infection Disease Dr to look into these symptoms or just move on? Is unprotected sex with my new fiance Ok? We are getting married in 2 months...

Please offer some advise as I am completly lost...I need some guidence.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

IMHO, WTF is going on has absolutely nothing to do with HIV. Your repeatedly negative HIV-antibody tests out to 52 weeks coupled with your repeatedly undetectable quantitative HIV PCR RNA viral load tests out to 12 weeks are definitive, conclusive, WOO-HOO-able and move-on-already-able! I can't diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet. However, what I can do with absolutely certainty is advise what's not causing them: it's not HIV!

Good luck. Stop worrying about a disease you could not possibly have!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Thank you!
Next
ex worried-well miss your answers

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.