Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Uncircumcised top, but with double penetration.
Apr 14, 2011

Hey Robert--Hope you're well. First wanted to thank you and everyone else who's part of this site for offering a great resource.

Now on to my question--too fold and complicated, unfortunately. First, let me say--I've always previously practiced safe sex with regular testing, and considered myself educated on the risks. That was, until this weekend. Not sure what happened, but I ended up having two unprotected sexual encounters.

The first was Friday, I was the receptive partner, he did not ejaculate inside of me, and as far as I could tell during fore/post play, did not expel any precum (or should I say visible, or tactile--though little comfort) He assured me he was clean and wrapped it for the other receptive partner who was there with us.

The second was me and another top who both topped the bottom at the same time, and both ejaculated inside of him together. Again, stupid stupid. He also said he was clean, but has since avoided direct communication.

Honestly, I'm more inclined to believe that a top who claims to usually wrap it is clean that a guy who sought me out to top him bareback... Which is some comfort to me since I was unable to get access to PEP until just 72 hours outside being topped (about 90 hours post-exposure--had a very difficult time finding people who knew what I was talking about at the ER--the only place open) but within the window of when I had topped, and come into contact with another man's ejaculate.

I'm also uncut, and did not shower after either time, which again--I KNOW is supposed to reduce the risk.

I guess--after all that, I'm asking if I'm an increased risk, having had another man's ejaculate on my penis, and if there's any good the PEP can do AT ALL, even though it was taken outside the 72 hour window--I feel as though I may have once read somewhere that physicians sometimes prescribe it outside that time limit if they feel it is warranted?

Thanks so much, sorry for the convoluted message, obviously, have a lot swirling around in my head.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

I agree your decision to bareback was not a wise one. As for double topping a bottom guy simultaneously with another top gun, all I can say is that that's a lot of balls in the air.

Unprotected anal sex is risky business for STDs, including HIV. Screening for STDs, including HIV, is warranted. PEP begun after the 72-hour window is not considered to be effective. I would not have advised starting it. That you had a difficult time accessing PEP through your local ER is concerning. A letter to the hospital administration or head of the ER department would be worthwhile and potentially helpful to others who may face similar challenges in the future.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
RNA Test Accuracy
Next
Dealing with friends/family on PEP

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.