Hey Dr. Bob..Porn guy saying hello

Dr. Bob,

Just saying hello and hope you got my gift. I hope it helps. Just to share I had another ORASURE Advance test at 8.5 months...and you already know the result....NEGETORY

Moving on with life, still seeing a psychologist and enjoy it. Hope all is well with you. Another donation on its way in April as well.

Scared Boy,

Hey there Scared Boy,

Yep, your gift was received and you'll soon receive a formal acknowledgment/thank-you letter. I'm currently in Europe and a bit behind in sending thank-you letters, but plan to get caught up when I return home in a few weeks.

As for your 8.5-month OraSure being NEGATORY, I have one word for you: WOO-HOO! Hmm. Maybe that counts as two words or perhaps not a word at all? I guess I'll say BRAVO!!!

I'm also pleased you are finding your counseling both rewarding and enjoyable!

Thanks again for your ongoing support! It's very warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

Porn Guy Relapsed ... Jan 28, 2011

Dr. Bob,

Ok I know I have been writing alot and asking numerous questions and am a complete fluffernutter, status accepted. I sit here worried again so I figured what is one more post to a man who has been so supportive as I know it can't be HIV but when nothing else is found it scares me...

Recap I have had: 2,3,4,6,6.5,8,9,10,11,12,14,16,19,21,24 week antiobody tests (rapid and blood) as well as a 2 and 4 week dna pcr which equals 17 tests out to 24 weeks. Plus neg 6, 9 and 16 week hep c antibody and 17 week neg hep c RNA PCR all neg.

To date I still have swollen lymph nodes in my neck, arm and legs, joint pain in elbows, knees and foot ,slightly elevated CPK and eye twitching. Nobody can figure out the reason. Everyone tells me eye and cpk is from stress. Is there any chance all those tests missed something? I have never felt like this before, the join pain goes away with aspirin and comes back.

Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated. Know any good ID docs in the northeast?

Thanks, Still Scared Boy

Hey SB (aka Porn Guy),

I'll be brief, as my assessment and recommendations have not changed.

"Is there any chance all those tests missed something?" No, absolutely not.

"Do you know any good ID docs in the northeast?" Sure. Plenty. But you don't need an ID doc. You need a psychiatrist to help you with your totally irrational fears of HIV. Your symptoms certainly could be psychosomatic. Appropriate treatment of your anxiety may well lead to a resolution of these psychosomatic complaints.

"Any insight or suggestions. . .?" Yes, I strongly suggest you stop perseverating on an illness you could not possibly have.

Porn Guy saying hello... Dec 3, 2010

Dr.B,

I want to share soemthing I am thankful for..... a 19 week neg hiv antibody test and a 17 week neg hep c pcr.....wooo hooo I am done, not worried, happy, moving on. However , i enjoy reading your posts so I may stop by on occassion

Your new ex ww and no longer a fluffernutter.... SB

Hi SB,

WOO-HOO and Happy Thankschristkwanzaakkah to you!

You make a much better x-filer than fluffernutter.

I'll repost your story below from the archives in the hopes other fluffernutters will follow your lead.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob...Porn guys says thanks and knows he is a fluffernutter Nov 18, 2010

Hey Dr.B,

I agree just watched Sara P. and wow did I want to toss my cookies. Thanks again for your reply. I do have 2 more questions before I can leave for my wonderful Thanksgiving in New Orleans...

1) Hep c/Hiv coinfection- would only the HIV antibody be delayed and Hep c still shows? With acute hep c would my SED rate be high?

2) I still have generalized swollen lymphnodes and keep reading only hiv would cause them to last for 4 months or longer? Is this true? If I did just catch a virus could they just stay larger for life? My doc keeps saying thousands of things cause them to swell but I cant find anything that keeps them swollen.

Thanks, packing my swim trunks now.

SB, your new fav fluffernutter

Hi SB,

Stop worrying about extremely rare events! Do you worry about being zapped dead by an errant lightening bold every time you walk outside in the rain? If not, you shouldn't worry about hepatitis C/HIV coinfection delaying HIV seroconversion either. If you're worried about hepatitis C, your doctor can easily screen you.

No, absolutely not true. I agree with your doctor.

Now stop worrying and finish packing or I'll make you watch multiple reruns of Sarah Palin's dreadful TV show. Worse yet, I make you watch Bristol dance!

WOOH000---Porn guy appreciates all Nov 5, 2010

Thanks, I am accepting my neg test and moving on. I did a 14 week, figure 2 neg tests after window period are accurate and definitive. I may stop by on occasion to say hello and read posts.

Thanks Dr. Bob, you are a lifesaver.

SB

Hello SB,

Stop by anytime. I always enjoy visits from our X-filers (ex-worried wells).

Be well. Stay well. WOO-HOO!

Porn--1 More Reassurance Oct 22, 2010

Dr.Bob,

As you can tell I am a pretty anxiety driven person. As I sit here I have one last question: to recap I have had DNA HIV 1 PCR (13 and 28 days) blood drawn antibody test on 13,23,28,45 days rapid oral swab on 42,56,70,77 days rapid blood test on 84 days.

still have confirmed swollen lymph nodes in neck, arm, elbow, leg. fatigue, severe muscle and joint pain twitching eye on occasion

is there anyway given all those tests that HIV slipped through and went undetected or am I borderline fluffernutter status and need to be confident in the results? 2) Lymph nodes swollen since 15 days woudlnt antibodies be present by now?

Thanks again, SB

Hello SB,

OK, one last time: HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

You state: ". . . I am a pretty anxiety driven person." I absolutely agree, except you can leave off the "pretty"! (There is nothing pretty about anxious wrecks!)

Is there any way HIV slipped through? Nope.

". . . Am I a fluffernutter?" Yep!

Regarding swollen lymph nodes, symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. A negative HIV test outside the window period trumps symptoms each and every time. I think you need to reread your previous posts and my responses.

Stop worrying. Start WOO-HOO-ing.

Reflection ...3 months lost Oct 14, 2010

Dr. Bob,

I took some time today to reflect on my recent scare and realize I have just lost 3 months of my life worried about something I could have prevented myself. I have to say to all those reading now and in the future three things 1) be safe, one bad decision has a whole world of consequences 2) trust your tests and doctors and 3) symptoms are notoriously wrong or misleading.

I found myself doubting everybody in my real life and turning to the internet and strangers for advice; not the way to go. Dont let your fear keep you captivate for 3 months like it did me. I missed out on so many events in my life over the past three months because of my fear. I tested 16 times, yes 16 times in 12 weeks thinking the next test was going to be the one. Get tested at the appropriate time, understand your risk, and accept the outcome. I now know that one test would have been enough regardless of the outcome.

DR. Bob thanks for your words of advice and karma. You provide a great service and for that I am ever appreciative. I have made a donation to your foundation for all the work you do in helping people survive with HIV. I leave this forum with a new perspective on life, a respect for all those who work to support people living with HIV and a prayer for all those affected by HIV that one day there will be a cure.

Kind Regards and Best Wishes, SB

Hi SB,

Thanks for taking the time to write in and share both your personal story and newfound insights! I hope they will provide comfort to others still trapped in their own self-induced worried-well hell.

Thanks for your thanks and your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Both are warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

Porn follow up can I woooo hooo...please make it official Oct 13, 2010

Dr. Bob,

Did my 12 week (84 days) rapid blood test today and it is neg. Is this conclusive? Can I let out a big W*********!!!???

As for Tooheys, I have had my share and agree that could be the reason. I was a VB fan myself.

1 last questions? Do you see any need to test out to 6 months?

Thanks a million, you are great. I have leared a heap of information from you and others who have posted. If I can share one bit of information to others who are readin it is "symptoms are not a good indicator, trust your tests....

Best, Not so scared boy anymore

Hey Not-So-Scared-Boy-Anymore,

Yep! WOO-de-frickin-HOO!!!

No additional HIV tests are warranted.

Be well. Stay well. I'll down a VB while toasting your good health.

Cheers!

Porn 11 week and Australia Oct 11, 2010

Dr. Bob,

Good on ya mate, Today was week 11 and tested neg with rapid oral test...pretty happy and excited. Think I can make it one more week. That Karma you send is amazing.

As for Australia I agree neither one are good exports and yes a funnel web spider is not something I would like to encounter, nor a red belly black snake for that matter.

Can you answer 2 questions for me? 1)where did the extra "I" come from in aluminum? Can't figure that one out. 2) Why do they put beet root on everything. A big mac should not come with beet root.

Hope you enjoy your trip, I love Sydney, Darling harbor is amazing.

Hope my 12 week come out ok!!!Will be sending one final donation. Thanks,

SB

Hi SB,

Yeah, a burger with beet root wrapped in "aluminium" foil is indeed difficult to explain. Perhaps it relates to the toxic effects of too many tins of Tooheys?

I'm confident you'll soon be WOO-HOO-ing like a banshee in heat making more noise than a talented aborigine playing a didgeridoo!

She'll be apples mate!

porn star 10 week neg and Australia Oct 4, 2010

Dr. B,

Thanks for your support. Did my 10 week test via rapid oral and came back negetive. From what I gather this is great news. Question about 12 week vs 90 days. Does it matter? Do 10 week results ever change?

Thanks, I was reading about how you are going back to Oz. I lived there for 2 years outside of Cairns. Best time of my young life, I worked on a snorkel boat in the reef. Where are you visiting this time? Are you a fan of Vegemite? Bundeberg Rum?

anyway, thank you for all your support. Should I start to practice?

S.B

Hey S.B.,

Whether it's twelve weeks or 90 days makes no difference. The immune system doesn't really care. A negative test prior to three months can be considered encouraging, but is not definitive or convulsive. That said, it's worth noting that the majority of HIV-infected folks will have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in their blood within four to six weeks from the date of exposure/infection.

Regarding the land down under, it's one of my favorite travel destinations. I've been to Cairns a number of times. This trip focuses on New Zealand, Tasmania, Melbourne and Sydney. Doubt I'll get up to the reef this time around.

Vegemite and Bundeberge Rum are not two of Australia's finest exports, in my opinion. However I do prefer them to, say, funnel web spiders.

Should you start practicing your WOO-HOO? Absofrickenlutely Mate. She'll be apples.

G'day,

porn star follow up Sep 15, 2010

No need to post. I just wanted to clarify that my donations were from the heart. After being on this site and seeing the compassion, humor and wit you show others, I felt there was no better organization to donate too. I can tell you that you will see others over the years. I find what you do to be remarkably inspiring and for that I will provide some support as often as I can.

Keep up the good work; its nice to see such great people in the world. I am working diligently on my Woo-Hoo.

Many thanks for your very kind comments! I'm doubling my dose of good-luck karma coming your way. I'd suggest you begin practicing how to WOO-HOO like a banshee in heat!

Be well! Good luck.

Donated twice still no post...Kind of Hurt Sep 14, 2010 Dr.B,

I know you are a busy man but I have sent many questions none answered. I do bet you get a lot daily.

Here are my questions, hope you can help. After a potential exposure (medium risk) unprotected vaginal, short time period with a girl who may be a porn star/escort. I had symptoms come on at 15 days (swollen lymph nodes, loss of appetite,weight loss, muscle and joint pain,and elevated liver enzymes. So I am totally scared.

I have had a 13 and 28 day hiv-1 DNA PCR both Neg. I have had a 13, 23, 28, 42 and 45 day HIV1/2 antibody test. All have come back negetive.

1) If these symptoms were due to hiv woudl the antibody tests be positive by now?

2) How accurate is a combo 28 day hiv dna pcr and antibody test?

any other suggestions. I am totally scared and need some guidance. I will continue to donate, you do great things.

Scared Boy

Hello Scared Boy,

1. Most likely yes, and the qualitative DNA PCR would be detectable as well.

2. Difficult to say, because the DNA PCR is not FDA approved for diagnostic testing. Most (but not all) HIVers will have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in their blood within four to six weeks following infection. The HIV DNA PCR is usually detectable well before HIV antibodies are.

As for suggestions:

1. Never place yourself at risk for HIV (or other STDs) by having unprotected sex again.

2. When trying to decide if the gal you're schtupping is as porn star, merely check her DVD collection, and if you see her name plastered over titles like "For Your Thighs Only" or "Lawrence of a Labia," you'll know!

3. The escort question is even easier to determine. If she asks for a Ben Franklin when you're finished popping your cork, you'll know.

4. As for your anxiety, I'd suggest you spend some time reading through the wealth of information on the site and the testimonials in the archives of this forum. You should find the information both enlightening and encouraging.

Finally, thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated, but please note my work here on The Body is not related to my foundation. My advice here is free and available to all, whether or not they make a charitable contribution. Donations should only be made in the spirit of true generosity and compassion, not as an incentive for me to respond to a particular question, OK?

Good luck with your upcoming definitive HIV tests. The odds are now astronomically in your favor that you will continue to test HIV negative. I'm sending my good-luck karma that that will indeed be the case.

are kaletra and truvada safe during pregnancy?
More worried than Gaddafi