are kaletra and truvada safe during pregnancy?

hello doctor, my wife is HIV+ and I'm HIV-, she just started taking kaletra along with truvada and she's having a hard time keeping the kaletra down..is there anything that she can take with kaletra in order to help her keep it down. Also we're pregnant with twin boys, I'm sure her doctor knows what he's doing as he's supposed to be a specialist, but I want to be confident that her medications are safe for our unborn children..I'd greatly appreciate an answer to these questions. This is very difficult for us to deal with, but we're hanging in there.

The biggest health risk to your unborn sons is possible maternal-to-child HIV transmission. Kaletra and Truvada are considered reasonably safe during pregnancy. There are medications that can be used to help with nausea and vomiting (which might be due to the antiretrovirals or the pregnancy itself). You and your wife should discuss this with both an HIV-knowledgeable obstetrician and her HIV physician specialist to come up with the best option for going forward. If she can not tolerate her current antiretroviral program, other equally safe regimens are available for her to try.

Good luck to you both!

CCR5 testing at blood banks (DELTA 32 MUTATION, 2011)
Hey Dr. Bob..Porn guy saying hello