HIV CD4 Count 48

Hi Doc. I tested positive in March 2011. In the first count my CD4 was 48.I was sick with TB how could this have happened? any use of treatmnet please advise.and tell me how many days i live.

How could this have happened???? Well, you would have to tell me. HIV is only transmitted by a few well-described routes, including: unprotected sex, sharing intravenous needles, blood-to-blood contact and mother-to-child transmission, including breastfeeding. I would have to assume you didn't get it via breastfeeding, right? You can read much more about the modes of HIV transmission, both sexual and nonsexual, in the archives of this forum and elsewhere on this site.

TB is a highly contagious infection and can be spread via close contact (coughing can result in aerosol transmission of TB, unlike HIV, which requires direct transfer of infected bodily fluids).

HIV and TB confection is fairly common. HIVers are at increased risk for other infections, such as TB.

Regarding treatment, there is good news. HIVers with TB can be effectively treated with antibiotics. I'll post below some information from the CDC regarding HIV/TB co-infection. Don't delay. The sooner you get started on treatment the better your odds are of staying healthy longer.

http://www.cdc.gov/tb/topic/TBHIVcoinfection/default.htm

dog bit an HIV+ .... (CATS AND DOGS AND HIV, 2011)
Finger Cut