Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

So worried!
Apr 3, 2011

Hi Dr. Bob, Iam a woman who had a sexual encounter with a male sex worker. It took place about 2 weeks ago. He was on top of me but it only lasted for about 5 seconds or two insertions. After that I stopped him, he then used his fingers and upon checking he had no wounds. I got so paranoid after the encounter that I had him tested the very next day. The test came back negative,and the sex worker said that his last test about 2 months ago also was negative. So my question is,what is the possibility of me being infected,cause from what i have been reading in your forum that you could get infected from precum and what if he was just recently infected is he contagious please help me am really worried thanks so much.If I would like to donate how do I do thru money order thanks so much in advance.

So worried.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello So Worried,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is remote at best. You had your rent-a-guy HIV tested the day after your brief dance with no pants, and he tested negative. Consequently your risk would be limited to the unlikely possibility that Mr. Gigolo was very recently infected and still within his window period. Also, your (unprotected, I'm assuming) exposure was exceedingly brief ("5 seconds or two insertions"). This would also decrease any risk of transmission.

Primarily for psychological peace of mind you should get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. I'm quite confident the result will be negative, as the statistical odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract anything from your Mr. Sex-On-Demand. The only somewhat worrisome point is that Mr. Dial-A-Stud was willing to do the horizontal mattress mambo without first dressing for the occasion (wearing a condom). Most sex workers know better!

Regarding donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation, donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. As for money orders, they can be made out to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation and sent to the foundation's office at the following address:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Avenue, Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

Thanks for your support of the foundation's mission. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you are and will forever be HIV free.

Good luck! Be well!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Worried and Paranoia in commercials............
Next
Going Crazy, Chances of HIV?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.