So worried!

Hi Dr. Bob, Iam a woman who had a sexual encounter with a male sex worker. It took place about 2 weeks ago. He was on top of me but it only lasted for about 5 seconds or two insertions. After that I stopped him, he then used his fingers and upon checking he had no wounds. I got so paranoid after the encounter that I had him tested the very next day. The test came back negative,and the sex worker said that his last test about 2 months ago also was negative. So my question is,what is the possibility of me being infected,cause from what i have been reading in your forum that you could get infected from precum and what if he was just recently infected is he contagious please help me am really worried thanks so much.If I would like to donate how do I do thru money order thanks so much in advance.

So worried.

Hello So Worried,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is remote at best. You had your rent-a-guy HIV tested the day after your brief dance with no pants, and he tested negative. Consequently your risk would be limited to the unlikely possibility that Mr. Gigolo was very recently infected and still within his window period. Also, your (unprotected, I'm assuming) exposure was exceedingly brief ("5 seconds or two insertions"). This would also decrease any risk of transmission.

Primarily for psychological peace of mind you should get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. I'm quite confident the result will be negative, as the statistical odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract anything from your Mr. Sex-On-Demand. The only somewhat worrisome point is that Mr. Dial-A-Stud was willing to do the horizontal mattress mambo without first dressing for the occasion (wearing a condom). Most sex workers know better!

Regarding donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation, donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. As for money orders, they can be made out to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation and sent to the foundation's office at the following address:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Avenue, Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

Thanks for your support of the foundation's mission. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you are and will forever be HIV free.

Good luck! Be well!

Worried and Paranoia in commercials............
Going Crazy, Chances of HIV?