TESTS WITH 145 DAYS

Dr Bob'm a big fan of your work, I'm talking from Brazil. My story began on 28/10/10 where I vaginal sex with two girls at a party, after five days I had various aches and pains, poor appetite, headaches and visual loss, these symptoms lasted about a month and through my medical infectious disease PCR showed me a 21 for the situation, the result was negative. After that I had negative results with ELISA (antibodies and agp24) with 30, 60, 90, 120 and 145 days. I had the attention of doing the tests (ELISA gold standard) in girls is also 60 days) were negative. It turns out that since January I had a few nights with sweats and ganglia, about two months I have had to ca pain in several joints.

I have been suffering greatly DR because I am married and after all this tragedy happened I was completely paranoid, my research was all about HIV.

I would like to know your opinion about my case know you're a great man, and that makes a blessed work.

here in Brazil I help connect various institutions waiting to send my donation for their fantastic work.

LUIS CARLOS

Hello Luis,

Your undetectable HIV PCR and repeatedly negative HIV-antibody tests out to 145 days are conclusive and definitive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted. Your symptoms are not related to HIV, because you don't have HIV!

I agree you are "suffering greatly . . . because you are worried . . . (and are now) paranoid." In other words your problem is not HIV, but rather fear of HIV exacerbated by guilt.

I would advise you level with your wife. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt; it's also the right thing to do.

Good luck. Be well. Stop worrying.

Appeal for advice. Just donated. Please answer.
Asked a question 5 years back and got peace .. now asking again