Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

TESTS WITH 145 DAYS
Mar 28, 2011

Dr Bob'm a big fan of your work, I'm talking from Brazil. My story began on 28/10/10 where I vaginal sex with two girls at a party, after five days I had various aches and pains, poor appetite, headaches and visual loss, these symptoms lasted about a month and through my medical infectious disease PCR showed me a 21 for the situation, the result was negative. After that I had negative results with ELISA (antibodies and agp24) with 30, 60, 90, 120 and 145 days. I had the attention of doing the tests (ELISA gold standard) in girls is also 60 days) were negative. It turns out that since January I had a few nights with sweats and ganglia, about two months I have had to ca pain in several joints.

I have been suffering greatly DR because I am married and after all this tragedy happened I was completely paranoid, my research was all about HIV.

I would like to know your opinion about my case know you're a great man, and that makes a blessed work.

here in Brazil I help connect various institutions waiting to send my donation for their fantastic work.

LUIS CARLOS

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Luis,

Your undetectable HIV PCR and repeatedly negative HIV-antibody tests out to 145 days are conclusive and definitive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted. Your symptoms are not related to HIV, because you don't have HIV!

I agree you are "suffering greatly . . . because you are worried . . . (and are now) paranoid." In other words your problem is not HIV, but rather fear of HIV exacerbated by guilt.

I would advise you level with your wife. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt; it's also the right thing to do.

Good luck. Be well. Stop worrying.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Appeal for advice. Just donated. Please answer.
Next
Asked a question 5 years back and got peace .. now asking again

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.