RESUBMITTED FROM FATIGUE AND ANEMIA FORUM (EXTREMELY ANXIOUS)!

Hello Dr Bob! tahnxs for all your help!... here is my story, I was assisting for a dentist with a High risk patient former drug user when he was young, he claims no inravenous drugs... had seen blood in his mouth, due to gum disease.. when I was cleaning off... a little bit of wax that was previously in the patients mouth jumped off and hit me near the eye area... I did not feel the discomfort of anything falling inside my eye... I went and checked in the mirror I had no signs of anything, no stinging, no redness inside the eye, I honestly felt it hit a bit above my eye lid.... When I asked the health manager of the office she said it was not an exposure. so I didnt need PEP... now I cant stop thinking about it, I am going to see my GF soon, which I havent seen in a while, and it is going to be 2 months after the incident. I am scared. I have had one day of diareah but thats it, and a little sore throat I had for a couple of days... I decided to test by ICMA at 4 weeks sharp, and it came back negative, I know its too short a period of time but I couldnt help it.. to top it off I developed a painful canker sore the day I got my results, which FREAKED ME OUT!!... I am really scared!.... If I tell the incident to my GF she will get upset, because in the pass I have been obsesive about some events similar to this! and I dont want to put her at any risk..... what do you think!... If you think im paranoid its alright, sometimes its good to hear an expert say that!

I had no idea wax could jump, but OK. The HIV-acquisition risk from the incident you describe is nonexistent. Neither worry nor HIV testing is warranted. Certainly PEP should not be given. I think your OCD is OOC (out of control).

Could my labs be tainted?
medical student with important question