Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Re: HIV risk from my situation
Mar 23, 2011

Hey Dr. Bob. Thank you again for your help, it made me feel better and the therapy is helping me in the waiting period for the test. I have one more question. While the condom slipped, I held the base but this caused it to unroll more as slack came off the end. Im 99% sure it didnt break (after the minute I masterbated with it on and surely he or I would have noticed, I remember seeing that it was intact) but if there was some lube with virus around the rim of the condom, when I unrolled it more, if this area which was exposed to fluid were to touch the meatus of the penis, is this something I should be concerned about? This may have happened. Additionally, he never came and I don't remember seeing blood. Thank you again. I've never thought much about HIV until this situation, but whatever happens I plan to make it a life passion, I will give to your foundation asap, the work you do and these questions save us all from anxiety. And to those who have HIV, who are brave individuals, who face it daily with courage I admire.

You are again a saint.

R

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi R.

Question: ". . . Is this something I should be concerned about?"

Answer: Nope!

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending my good-luck karma that your definitive three-moth test is negative. I'm quite confident it indeed will be!

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

HIV risk from my situation Mar 19, 2011

Hey Dr. Bob.

I think others will agree the service yOu provide is extraordinary. Here's my situation keeping me up at night. I met someone online and soon after went over to experiement. I trimmed hair with a razor near the base of my penis (which worries me) and went over. I checked afterwards and saw no cuts just some mild post- shaving redness, not even razor burn. He told me he was disease free and HIV free and tested in nov. But who knows. We touched eachothers penises quickly and then I put a condom on had sex as the undergone partner. It slipped up a little bit but I held the base (thus getting a bit of 'slack' at the end . I wasn't happy so after q minute or two we stopped and I master ated with the condom on to finish took it off and left. I then went home and vigorously washed and put rubbing alcohol over the area (silly I know). Now I'm juSt worried it's three days later I had a feverish feeling and sweat a by the last few nights and have had some minor diarrhea and my appetite is lacking. I am absurdly anxious, barely able to operate so I'm guessing that's why I'm having symptoms.

My question is: I went to the doctor and he told me I was low risk but I want to make sure. I'm getting tested soon. Additionally I'm entering therapy to cope in this. Another: when should I be ok beige sexual with others and when is the earliest I can take an HIV test so that although not conclusive, it can help me sleep better.

You are a saint. R.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello R,

What is an "undergone partner"? And you want to know when you should be ok "beige" sexual? WHAT?

Assuming the latex condom was used properly and didn't break, your HIV-acquisition risk is negligible.

HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered to be conclusive.

I agree with your decision to get therapy to help with your "absurd anxiety."

Relax Max. I'm quite confident all is well, including you!

Dr. Bob

Previous
How hopeful should we be??
Next
worried in Cape Verde-please have petty for me and answer

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.