Doctor Can you please help...

Hello, I had safe sex two months back.

Latex condom was used properly and didn't fail.

After one month exposure, western blot test performed. Later came to know worng test was order by seeing your mails.

I will go for HIV-antibody at the three-month mark.

Below are my test results on WB.

P24 weekly positive and remaining all are negitive.

For these kind of case below is your replay you have provided doctor.

WB tests should only be performed as confirmatory tests after a repeatedly positive ELISA (EIA, or rapid test). A "weakly positive p24" band on a WB without a previously positive screening test is meaningless.

Doctore Can you please answer my below doughts.

1) What is the window peroid for P24 ? 2) Why P24 should not run with out ELISA Positive ? 3) With out ELISA test, in western blot if P24 is weekly positive - this means ELISA also will be positive if go after 3 months for test.

Doctor I will donate 50$ for your orginigation. Please help me doctor.

1. You may be confusing a p24 antigen and p24 antibody tests. The p24 antigen is one of HIV's core proteins. It surrounds the viral RNA. When HIV is madly replicating, as in early HIV infection, p24 antigen (a protein) is produced in massive quantities. It can then be detected in the blood (the p24 antigen test). It's a reasonably good marker of acute infection, but dissipates over a period of several weeks as p24 antibodies (a different protein from p24 antigen) begin to develop. The window period for any HIV-antibody test (including p24 antibodies) is three months.

2. See above.

3. No. Most likely the result was a false positive.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Supplements and meds while testing
Re Hiv Dna Pcr Possitive..confirmed negative (ANOTHER FALSE POSITIVE PCR TEST, 2011)