Testing Results. Thank you Dr. Bob!

Hi Dr. Bob,

I've been a lurker on this forum for a while, searching for the magic answer that would tell me that I was safe or that I was sick. You no nonsense approach finally pushed me to do what I had needed to do for more than 4 years...go and get a test. I had been terrified because a former boyfriend had told me once late at night "I have AIDS", I'd been so scared, I didn't know if he was telling me the truth, he'd also said that he had been tested before and been fine, and had pretended he'd never said that he had AIDS the next morning.

I cried. I prayed. I thought of all the stupid choices I'd made, how young women of color like me are the highest growing population of new HIV infections. I couldn't sleep, I wasn't eating. The thought that I'd had unprotected sex with someone that I didn't care about, who didn't love me, who could have changed my whole life that could have infected me started taking over my thoughts...finally I realized that knowing would be better than living in fear.

What finally pushed me to get tested wasn't even for myself, it is because I fell in love, and I knew that condoms sometimes break...and if one day an accident happened and I infected the man I love with all of my heart I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

The day of the test I cried, I threw up, I prayed and asked God to walk with me. The day I got my results was the longest of my life and I almost had a panic attack waiting. I almost ran out of the Doctor's office.

But I didn't, I knew that I had to know.

I was lucky, I was negative and completely healthy. But I will never forget that fear.

Thank you Dr. Bob. It's because of you, and people like you that I finally found the strength to go do what I should have done long ago. I'm negative and for the first time in almost 5 years, I slept, no nightmares and no fear.

Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story and great news! I'm confident testimonials like yours significantly help other lurkers (you know who you are!) who are still trapped in their self-induced worried-well hell. Hopefully they'll follow your lead and soon be having restful nights of peaceful sleep.

WOO-HOO!

Scientific American Article, virus silver bullet (lj001)
sex with cow