donated 30...will donate more once i get paid friday! in dire need :(

Dr.BOB- Hi! This is my first time writing to you and I am quite in love with this site! Here is my situation. I had unprotected sex with with a very high risk partner. I went to a local hiv clinic in my area (they referred me to your sight! They love you and this sight!) They performed the oraquick oral test and it was negative. I have searched the forum on this test but seem to find conflicting info. My questioms are 1. Can I trust this test? Or should I get a second...I read the sensativity isn't great on this. The clinic assured me otherwise. Dr-would u recommend this to your bFF?? Or a regular blood test? 2.I see u recommend testing for high risk out to 6 month...is 5 pretty conclusive or should I go back at 6? THAnks for the advice dr!! I will be happy to donate again once I get paid :) u rock!

A negative OraQuick oral test outside the window period is considered to be a true negative and no further HIV testing would be warranted.

The CDC recommends HIV testing out to six months for significant HIV exposures, such as occupational exposures in health care workers or unprotected receptive sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV infected.

Your negative five-month test is extremely encouraging, but if you had a significant HIV exposure and want the CDC level of certainty about your status, you should repeat the test at six months.

Please send my very best to the great staff at your local HIV clinic. They rock too!

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will forever be HIV free!

Sniffing (HIV AND HEP C RISK FROM SNORTING COCAINE, 2011)
Please answer me Dr. Bob, I'm devastated with fear :( :(