The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


Mar 16, 2011

I recentley saw a sex worker who mastabated me. During this time she used an uncovered sex toy on my anus. I was the only one to use it and she never took her clothes off. I want to know obviousley it has been used in the past maybee even an hour earlier. Could HIV still be alive on this toy and should I get tested for what I though was a safe sex act?

PLEASE HELP I need you. All alone in NZ. I have a wife and a breast feeding child to worry about?

I know all sex toys should be covered with a condom to stop HIV, but what about in this instance? Am I safe.


Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Kiwi,

Your HIV risk is essentially nonexistent. HIV doesn't survive long outside the body. Also, most sex workers know that their instruments of pleasure need to be thoroughly cleaned between clients. I agree: to be completely safe a latex condom should be used on sex toys.

If you remain worried, you could get a single HIV test at the three-month mark for peace of mind. I would also recommend, if you haven't already done so, leveling with your wife. It's not only the best way to confront guilt; it's also the right thing to do.

Good luck. By the way, I had an excellent time visiting New Zealand recently. The fjords were spectacular, particularly Milford Sound. It was very Middle-earth, circa "Lord of the Rings"!

Dr. Bob

Donation Sent... You are my last option dr. Bob aka My hero!!
first off: Thank You Dr. Bob your work is greatly appreciated! - originaly posted in wrong forum pls answer

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint