Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

A Well-Deserved Thank You from a Worried Well
Mar 14, 2011

No question (this time) doc. Just a simple Thank You. Your work is so wonderful. I am one of your typical worried well, fluffernutters who wouldn't except their Dr. Bob WooHoo. But now I will and I will move on. I spoke with several medical professionals, including two of my own doctors and several questions to you. All of them telling me to move on a long time ago. I had a lab draw blood test 7-8 months past a possible exposure. And after that I spiraled down and questioned every symptom. Started with a cough, problems breathing, muscle weakness, muscle spasms, flu symptoms (which was the flu), rapid weight loss, possible yeast infections, and what I believed were swollen lymph nodes in the neck, thrush, and pins/needle feeling in the hands. I really took to heart the response from medical professionals, yourself included, about not needing to retest. And it comforted me very much, but for short periods of time. I ended up retesting today at a free health services clinic. They only offered the Oral Swab Rapid Test. 20 minutes later, still negative. It has now been over a year since my last possible encounter. I'm taking all your advice full on. Anytime my fears roll back around then instead of researching the internet and looking for problems I will know that I am wrong. That if I need to the next step is psychological help. This long thank you has just turned into my story. I apologize. But I do appreciate all your work, all your support, and all the hope you give to everyone who seeks your advice. Thank you so much for helping me move one with my life an finally WooHoo!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Thanks for your thanks!

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Update
Next
BAARIZ

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.