The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

In need of your karma again:)

Mar 12, 2011

Hi Dr. Bob, One week (well, 6 days and 11 hours) after a risky encounter(the condom broke:S, no ejaculation, about 2 minutes of unprotected sex with a man trollop, I'm a girl:) I developed what it seemed as ARS or stomach flu (high fever, muscle aches, abdominal pain and diarrhea), it lasted for several hours (less than a day), four months after I bouhgt a hiv home test and the result was negative, but this kind of test is not approved in my country (Spain), anyway, my question is: is ARS possible to happen one week after? and, is it likely to last only for one day or less? Many many thanks, and please, send some of your valuable karma to Spain:)

Kisses and hugs for both you and Steve.

Response from Dr. Frascino


ARS symptoms generally manifest two to three weeks after primary HIV infection and persist for several weeks; however, there is great variability from case to case. It's highly unlikely HIV ARS symptoms would last only for one day.

I would recommend you get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark, because of the condom failure.

By the way, why sleep with a "trollop" when there are so many hot Spanish studs from which to choose?

Good-luck karma sent!

Be well!

Dr. Bob

question regarding a response you made on nov.20,2006
Periodical changing of treatment to keep potential nasty side effects at bay?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint