In need of your karma again:)

Hi Dr. Bob, One week (well, 6 days and 11 hours) after a risky encounter(the condom broke:S, no ejaculation, about 2 minutes of unprotected sex with a man trollop, I'm a girl:) I developed what it seemed as ARS or stomach flu (high fever, muscle aches, abdominal pain and diarrhea), it lasted for several hours (less than a day), four months after I bouhgt a hiv home test and the result was negative, but this kind of test is not approved in my country (Spain), anyway, my question is: is ARS possible to happen one week after? and, is it likely to last only for one day or less? Many many thanks, and please, send some of your valuable karma to Spain:)

Kisses and hugs for both you and Steve.

ARS symptoms generally manifest two to three weeks after primary HIV infection and persist for several weeks; however, there is great variability from case to case. It's highly unlikely HIV ARS symptoms would last only for one day.

I would recommend you get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark, because of the condom failure.

By the way, why sleep with a "trollop" when there are so many hot Spanish studs from which to choose?

Good-luck karma sent!

Be well!

question regarding a response you made on nov.20,2006
Periodical changing of treatment to keep potential nasty side effects at bay?