Dr.Bob an answer would mean a lot to me!!!

Dear Dr.Bob, First of all i'll start by saying that I have been following your responses for a lot of time and i find your work to be admirable. I am an extremely anxious person and I am currently trying to overcome my somewhat irrational fear of infectious diseases, but the problem is that i have spent too much time reading different sources that my judgment is a bit...you know the drill. Last February-April I spent 3 nights with a girl (unprotected vaginal-oral-mutual masturbation while having dermatitis on my hands). after that i developed a number of weird symptoms, which were amplified by my anxiety. I actually didn't think of HIV until I found out i have molluscum contagosium (1 diagnosed by a doctor on my genitals and possibly 1-2 more self diagnosed on face and trunk),1-2 occasions of night sweats and some weight loss-along with a mental breakdown after smoking weed that at the moment I connected with a nervous manifestation of HIV...There were some more but these were the most prominent. I entered the HIV testing world and I had a negative test almost 2 months after the last contact, then after 5 months and then after 7-8 months. After checking HCV symptoms online I realized (or maybe convinced myself...)that a discomfort on the upper abdomen that im having at the moment might be due to HCV, as well as some slightly-barely visible- yellow patches around my ankles and other slight symptoms. But I also had a full Hepatitis panel (A,B,C) approximately 7-8 months past the last contact(NEGATIVE). Ladt summer I had a complicated series of tests which revealed some problems in the detoxification status of my organism (glutathione production problems as well as intestinal hyperpermeability) for which I am getting a series of minerals/vitamins/aminoacids etc. My questions are: 1.Is there any possibility I have false negative tests for HIV? 2.The same for HCV, 3.What about the famous HCV/HIV simultaneous infection? I saw in your answers that further testing (after 3-6 months) is only warranted in case of acute hepatitis, but the vast majority of acute HCV patients are asymptomatic! Every time I am going for further tests my anxiety is flared up, and taking into account that i wouldn't like to be tested to eternity I would really appreciate a thorough answer from you. Did i say that i found out that i got chlamydia and that my old HPV came back...? Director82

Hi Director 82,

1. Nope.

2. Yep.

3. Your negative hepatitis panel, including hepatitis C, is conclusive. No further testing is warranted.

4. No, you didn't mention the chlamydia and HPV, but it doesn't change my answers!

Finally, I'd be wary of your detoxification problem diagnosis. I'd suggest getting a second opinion from a board-certified internist (or gastroenterologist). Chances are good that you do not have glutathione production problems or need supplemental "minerals/vitamins/amino acids, etc."

I got my Woo-Hoo today! You were right!
Sex with someone who is HIV+ (TRANSMISSION VIA ORAL SEX, 2011)