I got my Woo-Hoo today! You were right!

Dr. Bob, I wrote you in the past about my worries of HIV exposure from someone had been with an unknown status individual, then me 2 months later. He tested negative for HIV a year after that. I had all sorts of weird one-off symptoms over the past few years since the incident and of course when I googled them, they each matched up to different HIV symptoms (itchy skin, chronic bad breath, an uptick in body foliculitis, and recurring diarrhea, joint pain, and an occurrence of swollen lymph nodes when I wasn't sick from anything in particular). You told me that there was no way I was in any danger from HIV as my assumption was wrong that my friend could have had some HIV in his system from the unknown status person he was with 2 months before me and passed it along to me, then cleared it himself. Meaning he infected me without getting infected himself... crazy I know! My doc offered to run an HIV test despite also believing it wasn't necessary, but knew it would give me piece of mind. 24 hours later and I got the call letting me know it was negative and time to start WOO HOO'ing!

Just wanted to pass along my results and say thanks for the time and effort you put into this forum! You are truly an angel to so many people!

I hope this story helps other worriers like myself!

Thanks again Dr. Bob! You are the best!

Thanks for writing in to share your good news. Rather than say "I told you so!" I'll just say WOO-HOO! and congratulations, OK?

Be well. Stay well.

Should I be worried about HIV 2? - resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum.
Dr.Bob an answer would mean a lot to me!!!