Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I got my Woo-Hoo today! You were right!
Mar 11, 2011

Dr. Bob, I wrote you in the past about my worries of HIV exposure from someone had been with an unknown status individual, then me 2 months later. He tested negative for HIV a year after that. I had all sorts of weird one-off symptoms over the past few years since the incident and of course when I googled them, they each matched up to different HIV symptoms (itchy skin, chronic bad breath, an uptick in body foliculitis, and recurring diarrhea, joint pain, and an occurrence of swollen lymph nodes when I wasn't sick from anything in particular). You told me that there was no way I was in any danger from HIV as my assumption was wrong that my friend could have had some HIV in his system from the unknown status person he was with 2 months before me and passed it along to me, then cleared it himself. Meaning he infected me without getting infected himself... crazy I know! My doc offered to run an HIV test despite also believing it wasn't necessary, but knew it would give me piece of mind. 24 hours later and I got the call letting me know it was negative and time to start WOO HOO'ing!

Just wanted to pass along my results and say thanks for the time and effort you put into this forum! You are truly an angel to so many people!

I hope this story helps other worriers like myself!

Thanks again Dr. Bob! You are the best!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Thanks for writing in to share your good news. Rather than say "I told you so!" I'll just say WOO-HOO! and congratulations, OK?

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Should I be worried about HIV 2? - resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum.
Next
Dr.Bob an answer would mean a lot to me!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.