Syphilis and HIV Infection

I recently tested reactive for syphilis and have received the appropriate treatment. My HIV antibodies and Hepatitis both were negative. Due to being severely ill for several months, there had been no sexual contact with my partner for about 4 months. He just received a positive result for HIV today and I am completely freaked out. How is it possible for me to be reactive for syphilis and have a negative test result for HIV? My doctor tells me I don't need to be worried because my test is negative, but how can I not worry....can you please help me understand what is going on??????

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.

As for what's going on, it seems obvious that neither you nor your partner are practicing safer sex, as you have both contracted separate STDs over recent months!

Spanking with Blood
I'm on PEP. Was it necessary