Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Spanking with Blood
Mar 10, 2011

Hi Dr. Bob,

First of all, I need to thank you for this service that you provide. It has helped educate me, and many others about HIV/AIDS. Armed with this knowledge of transmission risks, I feel that I always practice the safest sex I can. A few weeks ago though I had an encounter with another man that's causing me a bit of concern.

Before commencing our usual safer sex activities, we partook in a bit of spanking, him being on the receiving end. He'll be the first to tell you that it was quite rough, and before the last spank there was a good deal of redness/hematoma (I was concentrating on the same spot, I'm a masochist, what can I say?). With one final spank of my hand, some skin on his rear had broken and there was some visible blood (he wasn't bleeding profusely, but there definitely was a little surface blood). My right hand (my spanking hand!) was also quite red, and very sore, especially where a few lifelines meet. I can't be entirely sure that my skin remained completely intact.

You know the next question, Dr. Bob, was there any risk of transmission here if the object of my abuse is HIV positive?

Again, I truly appreciate your work, as I'm sure many others are. I wish I could give you a hug (I promise I won't ask if there was any risk afterwards).

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

If the skin on your spanking hand was intact, there would be no risk. If it wasn't and your spanked buddy was positively charged, there would be a theoretical risk. Overall I would rate your risk as extremely remote. However, if you're worried, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark (primarily for peace of mind).

By the way, a masochist means you derive sexual gratification from being physical abused. A sadist derives sexual gratification from inflicting pain on others.

I'll gladly accept a hug, so long as you don't try to spank me while doing so. OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
Functional cure
Next
Syphilis and HIV Infection

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.