Spanking with Blood

Hi Dr. Bob,

First of all, I need to thank you for this service that you provide. It has helped educate me, and many others about HIV/AIDS. Armed with this knowledge of transmission risks, I feel that I always practice the safest sex I can. A few weeks ago though I had an encounter with another man that's causing me a bit of concern.

Before commencing our usual safer sex activities, we partook in a bit of spanking, him being on the receiving end. He'll be the first to tell you that it was quite rough, and before the last spank there was a good deal of redness/hematoma (I was concentrating on the same spot, I'm a masochist, what can I say?). With one final spank of my hand, some skin on his rear had broken and there was some visible blood (he wasn't bleeding profusely, but there definitely was a little surface blood). My right hand (my spanking hand!) was also quite red, and very sore, especially where a few lifelines meet. I can't be entirely sure that my skin remained completely intact.

You know the next question, Dr. Bob, was there any risk of transmission here if the object of my abuse is HIV positive?

Again, I truly appreciate your work, as I'm sure many others are. I wish I could give you a hug (I promise I won't ask if there was any risk afterwards).

If the skin on your spanking hand was intact, there would be no risk. If it wasn't and your spanked buddy was positively charged, there would be a theoretical risk. Overall I would rate your risk as extremely remote. However, if you're worried, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark (primarily for peace of mind).

By the way, a masochist means you derive sexual gratification from being physical abused. A sadist derives sexual gratification from inflicting pain on others.

I'll gladly accept a hug, so long as you don't try to spank me while doing so. OK?

Functional cure
Syphilis and HIV Infection