Dr Bob why cant you absolve me of my sins?

I was so excited to see new posts and scanned the list looking for my HIV Karma anxiety relief 5 minute pass. I was so disapointed. I did enjoy your 3 part blog on The Search for the Cure Heats Up! -- I do hope you are right. I agree that we have never been able to cure a virus but hopefully we may mask it - as the measles and pox vaccines have done in the past.

Doc - I had a girl rub her vagina on my penis - we kissed and I later found out I had a soar in my mouth where I had bitten the side of my cheek while eating- and she gave me head for a second (really a second as I pushed her off as soon as I felt the wetness of her mouth - it was dark) did i mention she was stripper I pulled out of the strip club. Then I find out she had track marks from drug use. I started Combivir at 56 hours. PEP has cause me some side effects. First few days I would fall asleep standing up almost. Then came the soar throat for two weeks, then came the nasuea then the muscle and joint pain. Worst in the morning. Then I start to think maybe I am over-reacting then at 16 days I have the night sweats. Never had these before. No fever -- doc what do I do? I am scared and feel all alone. I break down crying - a grown ass man - crying and cant get out of bed. How bad was my risk factor. Is night sweats without fever ARS? please answer

Yep, I'm back. I should point out that despite posting a notice that I would be away, I found not only your question waiting upon my return, but thousands of others as well! It's going to take me some time to catch up! Thanks for your patience.

Regarding your HIV-acquisition risk, it's very low. PEP generally would not be recommended for such a minimal risk.

Your depression and anxiety are related to guilt and fear. I would recommend you discuss this with your doctor or the HIV specialist who is monitoring your PEP treatment. They may well prescribe anti-anxiety and/or antidepressant medications. In addition they may refer you to a counselor for psychotherapy to help you confront and cope with your fears.

Good luck. Good-luck karma sent!

World cup time- remember me?
You didn't answer me directly, but I wanted to say thanks anyway...