Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

donation made, promise to be my last question--still stressed!
Mar 8, 2011

Dr. Bob-

I need your honest opinion on this! I had unprotected sex with a man of unknown status on 9-19-10. We'll refer to him as the womanizer, which i found out after the face. On 12-5-10, I took the home access test and it was negative. I asked about if weather could affect my results (or anything for that matter). On Feb 15, 2011 I went to a clinic and had the oraquick oral swab done-negative yet again. I read on another doctors forum that rapid oraquick oral test tend to only be 85% accuruate. So naturally I am freaking out again. Do I need a blood test? I am mainly freaking out bc I am dating someone very special-we will call him "the one"- he has had two negative blood test at the 6 month mark (i made him) and we had unprotected sex after my second test. Im feeling guilty. PLEASE HELP! I made a $50.00 donation on Friday! (paydayyyy!) Thanks for your advice.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

A negative OraQuick oral fluid test outside the window period is considered to be a true negative. This merely confirms what we already knew from your negative three-month Home Access test. (As I told you before, "weather" does not affect the validity or accuracy of the Home Access test!)

Do you need additional HIV testing? Nope! You are conclusively and definitively HIV negative. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Should you retest via blood test, Home Access or oral fluid OraQuick, the result would undoubtedly be negative.

Thank you for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Now yell WOO-HOO and stop worrying! You don't want "the one" to think you're some crazed worried-well fluffernutter, right?

Good luck with "the one." I sincerely hope he's your Mr. Happily-Ever-After.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Long Term PEP Side Effects
Next
Indeterminate result HIV test 13 weeks pregnant (PREGNANCY AND INDETERMINATE HIV TEST, 2011)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.