P24 Antigen positive!

Hello Dr. Bob,

I write you from Spain. First of all, thank you so much for the support given to people who need it. Said that, I report you my case: one year ago I had receptive oral sex with a guy whose serostatus is unknown. He ejaculated in my mouth but quickly I spit it. Well, 3 weeks later I tested positive for antigen p24 but negative for antibodies. I went to a famous HIV health center in Madrid (the place where a famous study of serodiscordants couples are being followed and no HIV oral transmission has been registered for 10 years), and there they told me to wait 3 months and to do an ELISA. So, 3 months later, I tested negative for ELISA fourth generation (antigen+antibodies).At the fourth month, I tested negative with Oradquick.Seven months after my exposure, I tested negative again in a rapid test.Again negative in 8th month (ELISA) and 9th(ELISA and WB). I have also tested undetectable in a PCR quantitative (50 copies) in the 8th and 9th month.Furthermore, in 9th month after exponsure, my cd4 was 872, cd8 630, ratio 1.38.

My question is easy. Was it a false positive for the antigen p24?

Thank you so much, best wishes!

(Sorry for my bad English)

Hola!

Yes, your question is easy and yes, your initial positive p24 antigen was a "false positive"! By the way, all you needed to prove this was the single negative HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The numerous (and highly excessive) other tests performed beyond that were not warranted or necessary. They merely reinforced what we already knew from your negative three-month test: that you are conclusively and definitively HIV negative!

Be well. Stop testing. Stop worrying!

What the meaning of a functional cure?
Long Term PEP Side Effects