Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Your amazing work allows people to face the world - $1000 dollar donation
Mar 8, 2011

Dear Dr Bob, I recently had posted on your forum about a possible low risk HIV exposure (received BJ from 2 strippers and performed cunnilingus). After becoming a severely obsessed "Worried Well" your posts and inspirations helped to quell my fears. I had spent countless hours everyday scouring the internet for answers and explanations to every little symptom I had over the past 15 weeks, to say my life fell apart would be putting it mildly. I experienced one HIV symptom after the next, persistent debilitating headache for 3 weeks (ended up in hospital getting CAT scan and LP) was provisionally diagnosed with viral meningitis, Oral Thrush, Oral Ulcers, Dry Mouth, Muscle and Joint Pain, Photophobia, Respiratory Issues, and to top it off the scariest symptom was 4 weeks of DREADFUL Neuropathy (which I am still not sure if it was caused by my anxiety or not as I had panic attacks that would wake me up in the middle of the night). Today I received my 15 week negative PCR and Western Blot which has been one of the most relieving days of my life. I had convinced myself that I was positive. Listening to all of your words and countless posts Dr Bob was really the only things that kept hope alive for me. I personally wanted to thank you Dr Bob because it is so easy to convince yourself and everything going on in your body is related to HIV. Your resilience battling this disease, positive outlook to all of us panicked Nutters and charitable work are a blessing. For that reason I am making a $1000 donation to your foundation. Continue your amazing work and know that you do make a difference!

Steve

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Steve,

First and foremost, WOO-HOO! Congratulations on your definitive and conclusive negative HIV tests!

Thank you for writing in to share the good news. Your personal testimonial will help countless others who are still trapped in their own "HIV worried well hell"!

Thank you also for your very generous donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Your one gift will touch many lives. For instance, it costs less than one dollar to provide a course of antiretroviral therapy to an HIV-infected pregnant woman in sub-Saharan Africa. That brief course of treatment significantly decreases the chance that the infected mother will pass HIV on to her unborn child! Your one thousand dollars could save up to one thousand lives! On behalf of the many who will be touched by your compassion, please accept my heartfelt thanks. By the way, I have no doubt you have just scored a significant quantity of excellent cosmic karma from the higher powers. I've always found that whatever I give in the true spirit of generosity and compassion is always returned to me one thousand fold in numerous ways. I'm confident you will experience the same good fortune.

Be well. Stay well. Many thanks.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Fleshlight Allergy
Next
Blood transmission and viral load

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.