Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Fleshlight Allergy
Mar 5, 2011

I did a search for fleshlight allergy and this site comes up. Anyways I am most definitely allergic to the fleshlight. I got the sore throat that everyone else talks about, plus diarrhea, lung irritation, asthma, headaches, muscle cramps, and anxiety attack symptoms. I used it for only about 5 minutes and right away started feeling the headache and lung irritation, while the more severe symptoms came on days later. I had been using the lube all by itself with no reaction, so it's definitely from the fleshlight. I've used the fleshlight before on a separate occasion and had the same reaction. Taking benadryl made my sore lungs and asthma clear up for a few hours. Why is it that everyone assumes the fleshlight is non-allergenic and safe when we've been hearing so many reports of adverse reactions? I think the evidence is building up that it may not be as safe as advertised.

Just my contribution to the fleshlight discussion.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

I haven't personally seen any true allergic reactions to a fleshlight product, but I suppose it's possible. The manufacturer's marketing material states fleshlights are made from "patented Reel Feel Superskin" whatever the hell that is! Consequently I don't really know what the product is made of! I have been told the material is crafted from mineral oil and thermoplastic elastomers (not silicone), but I have not been able to verify this. Allergy to fleshlight products is certainly not common. To ascertain if what you experienced was a true allergy (a very specific immune system-mediated reaction) or some other type of adverse response, I would recommend you see a board-certified allergist for an evaluation.

Good luck and thanks for writing in.

Dr. Bob

Previous
HAVE A NICE VACATIONS !!!!
Next
Your amazing work allows people to face the world - $1000 dollar donation

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.