Alternative treatments

Dear Dr Bob, thanks in advance for your time and help Hi I am Tony recently diagnosed and on ART, learnt about silver therapy and bio mangnetic tablets (Holistic treatment) that claim to reduce and clean hiv from body. they say that the allopathic medicine will help but side effects are hard and in the long run will be intoxicating you plus its a millionaire business for the pharmaceutical industries (which I agree in many cases)they claim it will be approved next year bye FDA and other sources,what do you and other experts know about this? check helpcure.com, they claim they have been in the market for years and is no fraud, with people that got cleared of the virus. They encourage one to get proof before buying their treatment which cost 1400 US dollars one time. Understand my situation like many others just diagnosed we want anything to protect us from a fatal condition,and destiny thanks in advance. I am very skeptical but when you here sth like this with tesitmonies and links to check the efectivness, I think twice Tony

Hello Tony,

I absolutely agree you need to think twice about these claims of HIV cures. Tony, you may or may not know that I, too, am HIV infected. If there really was a cure available, do you honestly think that I (and Magic Johnson) would still be taking antiretrovirals to stay alive?

The claims of folks hawking silver therapy, magnetic tablets, allopathy and many others are completely fraudulent. Check out my blog on this topic: "Hocus-Pocus: Quantum Quackery, aka Alternative Medicines for HIV/AIDS July 28, 2010."

In light of your being a recently diagnosed HIVer, I certainly understand your concerns and desires to do "anything." However, Tony, I can assure you there are over 33,000,000 of us infected worldwide also ready to do anything if anything really worked.

Learn more about HIV and its treatment from reputable Web sites. Beware of things that sound "too good to be true," because that's exactly what they are. Regarding an HIV cure, check out my recent three-part blog on this topic on The Body's blog page for scientific fact rather than "science fiction."

HIV Transmission (MOSQUITOS, 2011)
Harbor-UCLA ER refuse to give me PEP! PLEASE ANSWER ASAP.