Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hope you can help me
Feb 15, 2011

Dear Doctor,

I am 26 years old and recently got married. Due to my job nature, I went to a massage parlour for a massage. While she was massaging my back, she suddenly licked my ass without any protection. It lasted for about 20 minutes. If i am not mistaken she spitted her saliva and subsequently licked my anus.Thats about it and noting else happened. However that was my first incident and Im abit worried and paranoid on possible STD's including HIV as Im unware of the status of the other person

The incident occured on Nov 23 2010. As i was worried on the possible STD's transmission, I did a full STD check up 18 January 2011. All the results came negative including HIV I & II. As i am aware of the window period I was still paranoid. I did another check on HIV I & II and Hepatitis C on 8 February (11 week after exposure). All results were negative.

My question is do I still need to go for another test for STD mainly HIV related. And the risk associated with analingus and saliva. Hope you can help me. Thanks alot Dr.

Thank you.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

So "due to your job nature" you went to a massage parlor. I'm not exactly sure how that follows, but OK. The masseuse then suddenly licked your ass" for 20 minutes! Suddenly for 20 minutes? Hmm. OK, if you say so.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent. The negative HIV tests (out to 11 weeks) are to be expected. There have been no documented cases of HIV transmission/acquisition from getting rimmed (analingus). Hepatitis can be transmitted this way, but your negative hepatitis C test at 11 weeks would be considered definitive. No further testing is warranted.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Testing after PEP - Peculiar concerns (HEPATITIS C AND DELAYED HIV SEROCONVERSION, 2011) (APTIMA - HIV-1 RNA QUALITATIVE ASSAY, 2011) (p24 ANTIGEN TESTING, 2011)
Next
Not the question you already answered a million times!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.