Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

paranoid, mad or justifiably worried?
Feb 15, 2011

PLease help! I had unprotected vaginal and oral sex with a girl 20 months ago. WEnt 2 docs week later with sore throat, he diagnosed this as tonsilitis. THougt nothing else of it until 2 months ago, when I had fever and what looked like white spots on tounge. GOogled white spots which said possible hiv! About a week later, noticed arash around genitals which completely freaked me out. THen noticed spot on glands of penis. I then contacted local service which offered rapid hiv test. On Jan 4th tested negative. THe relief was immense, however, I started Googleing what else it might of been, and convinced myself it was syphilis, based upon the fact I had rash on palms of hands some time ago, can't remember if this was after having sex with this girl. ANyway, went 2 gum clinic for full std screening on Jan 20. All tests, inculding hiv and syphilis came back negative. HOwever now, the rash on my groin is worse, and the doctor says its tinea cruris. I have since developed headaches In back of head which I have now convinced myself is either caused by hiv or neurosyphilis my armpits also intermittently hurt. as in swollen lymph nodes..MY questions are. 1. IS there any chance 2 hivtests could have been incorrect?. 2. AM I displaying symptoms of stds. 3. Am I paranoid, mad or justifiably worried. PLease help, I will gladly donate!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

1. Nope!

2. Nope!

3. Paranoid.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. Stop worrying and start WOO-HOO-ing.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Severe Panic-Please, Please Help
Next
Just diagnosed

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.