scared straight.

Dear Dr. Rob.. I ask you this . I am 27 days past my recent BJ exposure . I have had diarrhea once . My muscles ache in my back , arms and shoulders and chest. I am so worried and feel so lost and angry for putting myself in this situation once again. I have had a couple of slight head aches lasting only momentarily. (minute or less. ) My stomach hurts from time to time like acid reflex or something. I feel strongly... it's HIV because I am a closeted gay man. I have had no fever or rash to date . What are your thoughts? So worried / sad and beyond myself . Thank you for being there for me . I know you cannot determine the outcome but It sure helps talking to an expert.He did not ejaculate in my mouth.In fact he did not ejaculate at all. we stopped. He might of had pre cum but I dont remember. I have donated to your site before asked for help and tested neg. I am so thankful you are there for people like me . Big hugs to you , More donations ahead!

Oral sex carries only a very small risk for HIV transmission/acquisition. Your symptoms are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV acute retroviral syndrome. Your problem is not HIV, but rather guilt about being a closeted gay man leading to irrational fears. You can't be "scared straight." Sexual orientation is innate. I once again encourage you to get psychotherapy to help with your coming out process. It's what you need to do for both your physical and emotional well-being.

Thanks for your ongoing support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV-antibody test will be negative. The odds are astronomically on your side.

Good luck. Be well.

13 months negative ab test but still worried ( CONTINUED: NOW MONTH 15 )
4th time is a charm?