Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

AM I SAFE NOW?PLEASE ANSWER.ANOTHER DONATION ON THE WAY!!
Feb 15, 2011

Dear Doctor,

I had taken ECLIA test at 83 days then tridot test at 97 days and finally Antigen and Antibody test at 108th day post last exposure.All were negative.In last test taken the results were as follows:-

Antigen -0.01 against cut off value 0.25 Antibody 1 /2 -0.07 against cut off value 0.25

Kindly do let me know if not infected then why these nos though they are below cut off value but suppose i m not infected then why DUO test showing some values? had a word with pathelogist he said you not need to worry you are OK.But this is my 16th week post exposure and i feel neck pain,some mild dizziness and i am noticing some red/brown elevated spots on my face.Kindly let me know

1 Am i safe?Do i require further testing

2 I have diabities i take one pill a day for control of diabitics, can this affect my results??

3 Do i require testing six months?

4 I reside in India.Does India has another window period other than UK because i have heard three months are enough for testing.Kindly do let me know please..

My exposure was unprotected vaginal and oral with sex worker twice on 3rd and 16th October 2010.I waited especially three months even if i was expecting some symptoms like weight loss,sweating,neck pain then also i tested after three months at 83rd day( 1 day short of 12 weeks,at 14 weeks by tridot test and finally at 16th week by DUO test.

CAN I WOO HOO DOCTOR? CAN I LEAVE IT BEHIND AND MOVE FORWARD WITH MY LIFE?? I'LL SURELY DONATE FOR THE NOBLE CAUSE

Regards

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

1. Your repeatedly negative HIV-antibody tests out to 108 days are conclusive, definitive and WOO-HOO-able. No further HIV testing is warranted. Values below the cutoff value have no diagnostic significance. Negative is negative.

2. Nope.

3. Nope.

4. The HIV seroconversion window is three months.

5. Can you WOO-HOO? Absolutely!

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly welcomed.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
oral sex
Next
HIV testing - p24

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.