AM I SAFE NOW?PLEASE ANSWER.ANOTHER DONATION ON THE WAY!!
Feb 15, 2011
I had taken ECLIA test at 83 days then tridot test at 97 days and finally Antigen and Antibody test at 108th day post last exposure.All were negative.In last test taken the results were as follows:-
Antigen -0.01 against cut off value 0.25 Antibody 1 /2 -0.07 against cut off value 0.25
Kindly do let me know if not infected then why these nos though they are below cut off value but suppose i m not infected then why DUO test showing some values? had a word with pathelogist he said you not need to worry you are OK.But this is my 16th week post exposure and i feel neck pain,some mild dizziness and i am noticing some red/brown elevated spots on my face.Kindly let me know
1 Am i safe?Do i require further testing
2 I have diabities i take one pill a day for control of diabitics, can this affect my results??
3 Do i require testing six months?
4 I reside in India.Does India has another window period other than UK because i have heard three months are enough for testing.Kindly do let me know please..
My exposure was unprotected vaginal and oral with sex worker twice on 3rd and 16th October 2010.I waited especially three months even if i was expecting some symptoms like weight loss,sweating,neck pain then also i tested after three months at 83rd day( 1 day short of 12 weeks,at 14 weeks by tridot test and finally at 16th week by DUO test.
CAN I WOO HOO DOCTOR? CAN I LEAVE IT BEHIND AND MOVE FORWARD WITH MY LIFE?? I'LL SURELY DONATE FOR THE NOBLE CAUSE
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Your repeatedly negative HIV-antibody tests out to 108 days are conclusive, definitive and WOO-HOO-able. No further HIV testing is warranted. Values below the cutoff value have no diagnostic significance. Negative is negative.
4. The HIV seroconversion window is three months.
5. Can you WOO-HOO? Absolutely!
Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly welcomed.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Rash A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is Itchy Scrotum An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Sex With A Prostitute Risks
- Blood In Semen After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.