Follow up First Analingus (RIMMING, ANALINGUS, 2011)

day 22 and getting very strong "pressure" headaches. constant dry/sore throat with some white patches in throat/pallat. nausea off and on. I was skating with my 17 month old and had 3-5 almost passing out moments. still have the swollen lymph nodes... any thoughts Doc. Thank you for all you do for all of us. I have had trouble focusing on anything for a couple of weeks now... constantly feel like I have to spit up along with the dry/sore throat.

My "thoughts" haven't changed. Your symptoms are related to anxiety, not HIV. I suggest you see a psychiatrist to help you confront and conquer your unwarranted fears. Anti-anxiety medication and/or psychotherapy (counseling) can be extremely beneficial.

Dont want to be the first to get hiv from analingus Feb 6, 2011

19 days out from non protected analingus with a street prostitute. deep analingus for about 30 mins. had cut on my lip. I have had the gamit of symptoms. the ones i'm realy worried about. day 11-14 pressure behind eyes/temples with tight sore jaw. I have had swollen lymph nodes since day 3 and still there. I have had a bothersome throat since day 3 dry now as of day 16 my throat hurts and i have 2 "cuts" like razor cuts going horizontal on each side. I have had mild lower back pain and in my fore arms. I woke up a couple of nights ago with complete numb tingly. I have tried to 'worry well' now i'm breaking down. I will of course go get tested. I had a test on day 10 with P24/hiv antibody.. negative (but not really telling is it) i wont get into every symptom other than this (i know there are enough here...) just really dont know what to do or say anymore. I have gone for "support" help with a psychologist and I try and believe these are stress/anxiety... but actual cuts on the throat and pain that wakes you up.. it's not like I was thinking of this when i'm sleeping...

Relax Max, you won't be the first to get HIV from rimming; rather, you'll be the gazillionth to have irrational fears about contracting HIV resulting in anxiety.

Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS). I strongly advise you continue counseling with your psychologist. Get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative. Write back with your results and I'll post them for our forum readers. Hopefully it will help others who might find themselves in a similar situation.

Can Rimming be a risk for HIV Jun 18, 2010 Hello Doc. just a brief question. Can Rimming be a risk for HIV if the guy who gives it is HIV+ and I`m negative. is this a risk to get the virus?

Thanks doc ;)

As with so many of the questions that cram their way into my inbox on a continuous basis from throughout the cyber-universe, the information you desire was already waiting for you in the archives. See below.

Anal Rimming my HIV possitive partner without and other Sexual activity Mar 28, 2010

The day before my partner found out he was HIV positive I licked and rimmed his anus. We did not do anything else. No anal penetration , no Penis to mouth contact. We never and still haven't had sex. So I was doing research online and saw that I may have put myself in high risk for it. My gums do tend to bleed. I tested the same day he did and I was clean. But it hasn't been 3 months yet.Should I stress over it or just wait till the 3 month period and hope for the best. I guess my question is...Can i get it from just licking his Anus and what's the risk factor and history of a person getting it through anal rimming. Thank u for your time.

See below.

Analingus and HIV transmission Mar 8, 2010

This question may sound silly, but yesterday a guy preformed analingus on me for about 45 minutes. I have always assumed that oral sex was pretty low risk of transmission. I also felated him for a few minutes unprotected with no ejaculation or detectable precum. However, I did not bother to ask this guy his HIV status, and now I am paranoid about the risk of transmission if this guy was possibly positive. I am mostly paranoid because my anus is somewhat chaffed from the cheap toilet paper that I have been using for the past few days and has caused me to bleed, so this guy's saliva most likely came into contact with broken skin or mucus membrane (whatever type of tissue an anus is made out of)

I have two pieces of advice for you:

1. Read the post below (and others similar in the archives).

2. Switch to Charmin.

Rimming Feb 10, 2010

Okay im a teen i really wanto lick my bf ass put i heard it is not safe that you can get some STDs are they bad?and is there high risk you can get some or low?what should i do should i rim him or not?

Although there have been no documented cases of acquiring HIV from rimming or being rimmed, there are a number of other significant STDs that can easily be transmitted through trimming, including hepatitis A, intestinal parasites and herpes. You can decrease the risk by using a dental dam barrier (or piece of Saran wrap). As for whether to rim or not, only you can decide what level of risk you are willing to take. At least now you have the facts.

Is further testing neccessary? (resubmitted from the Fatigue and Anemia Forum)
oral sex