hiv aids carrier

am so confused. my hubby was tested poz last year oct. i hav been going for hiv testing since i got married and the results have always been negative. this is now 4 months and stil negative. last month my 1 year son got ill for over a week i explain to doctor about my hubby status. the doctor said that i might be a carrier and my son might be poz. but my son has been tested neg some 3 months ago. plz varnish me with what this doctor told me. is it posible for my son to be poz when the results are neg?

You want me to "varnish" you with the correct information??? OK, hang on, I'll get my paint brush.

Your doctor said what??? I think it's time you found a more competent physician!

Regarding your HIV-positive hubby, he should establish care with an HIV specialist physician, if he has not already done so.

Regarding you, you will need HIV-antibody testing at the three- and six-month marks from the date of last exposure (unprotected sex). Latex condoms must be used for all penetrative sex. There is no such thing as an "HIV carrier." You are either infected and therefore capable of transmitting the virus or you are not infected and therefore not capable of transmitting the virus. There is no such thing as an uninfected "carrier" that can transmit HIV!

Regarding both you and your husband, you are now a "magnetic couple." I would suggest you both read through the information in the chapter in the archives of this forum dedicated to magnetic couples. Consider implementing some of the harm-reduction measures discussed.

Regarding your son, if you are HIV negative, then so is he. The father's HIV status is irrelevant as far as the baby is concerned, because an infant can only be infected by its mother.

You can read much more about all these issues in the archives of this forum. Check it out!

atripla vs virady
Should I be worried about HIV 2?