BOTOX NiGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Dr. Frascino, I have donated again- thank you for keeping us all sane (well, sort of!) My plastic surgeon who usually administers my Botox was away so I went to someone else. With my OCD, it propbably was not a great idea. At any rate, I uaually see the Dr. take the insulin injection, draw up the Botox, and then administer it. This time, the Dr. had a syringe that was already drawn in the fridge (she didn't know I was coming for Botox) and when I asked her if the needle was clean etc she gave me an explanation why it had already been drawn. I am freaking out that the needle was used on a patient before me and that they were positive. Am I been neurotic? Could you get HIV from a small insulin needle? (stupid question, the answer is yes!)This happened about two weeks ago- if the needle was used would I have an infection at the injection site? Please answer, you are the ONLY person who can put it into perspective.

Thanks! P

Hi P,

Are you being neurotic? Yep! Absofrickenlutely. Needles are not reused. Your OCD is OOC (out of control). However, I must say your wrinkle-free forehead looks fabulous!

Relax. All is well, including you.

Thank You Words - Nigerian Student 2011
ACL Surgery