Angry, bloody nipple piercing risk

Hi. I've checked out other posts about piercings, but none of them seem to be from the perspective of the one with the piercings. I've had my nipples pierced for a year, but a few weeks ago I noticed one of them was looking irritated. I didn't think anything of it and hooked someone that evening. We made out for a while and then he sucked my nipples- big fan of the piercings... After he left I noticed there was blood EVERYWHERE. I think he was trying to be polite by not saying anything. I'm completely positive that his mouth was in direct contact with a large sore. I know that HIV isn't transmitted through saliva, and I was tested a few months ago and the results were negative, but my question is this... if he had a sore on his tongue and was HIV positive, what are the chances that I could have have become infected during the incident I just described.

Thank you so much. Would definitely have suffered a nervous breakdown if it wasn't for this website and all your information.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is exceedingly low. There is a theoretical possibility that your buddy had some type of significant active bleeding in his mouth at the time he was noshing on your pierced wounded nipple and an adequate amount of fresh HIV-tainted blood came into contact with your wound, but in reality this possibility is quite remote. I see no need for a nervous breakdown or even excessive worry. Get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The odds are all in your favor that you did not contract the virus from this sexperience. I'd also recommend you have your bleeding piercing evaluated and treated.

Freaking out!! Will donate $150 to foundation Please help
Celiac Disease and HIV