trush, dry mouth and throad

Hi Doctor how are you? i hope u doing welli donate last year $ 100 and i;mgoing todonate again next week I need your help again I went to hotel with sex worker 7 months ago, i didn't have sex with her i was full clothed I was trying to be very safe so i only played with her chest for 10 min. AFTER SHE left i went to the bathroom to wash my hands and i saw fresh cut on my finger i didn' have the cut before i go with her so i think she cut me to infect me Ehen she got in the room she said close the light to take of my cloths and she went in the bathroom when she came out i forgot to open the lights and is started playing with her chest and thats the time i belive she cut me when i went to wash my hands i saw the cut fresh but wasn't bleding Four weeks later i had all the HIV symptoms exept fever that lasted 2 weeks and symtoms went way exept my throad seven months sraight i have shor throad Last week seven months later i wake up one day and i saw trust on and under my thounge was all covered Three days later trush clear up with out taning any action But now i havevery very dry mouth and throad I search on the internet and all was coming for trush and dry mouth was HIV I realy worry now tha i have HIV So my trush that only last 3 days and went way and my very dry mouth and throad is HIV you think pls answer doctor i'm donating next week for sure thank you very much worried well from Toronto

Hello Worried Well from Toronto,

Welcome back to the forum.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent. It would be extremely unlikely that a sex worker would deliberate try to cut a client. Why would they do that? It would be bad for business, right? Also, merely touching her with a "fresh but not bleeding" cut is not an HIV-transmission risk.

Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS), despite what you may have read on the Internet.

Based on the episode you describe, HIV testing would not be medically warranted. However, if you remain worried, despite my reassurance, getting a single HIV-antibody test may prove to be the most effective and efficient way to put your unwarranted worries permanently to rest. Results from rapid HIV tests are available in just a few minutes. I have no doubt you would test HIV negative.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that you are now and will forever be HIV free!

std worry?
strong pain in the groin area