The cure for HIV ...when is it coming

Hi, bob... Do you think there will ever be a cure for HIV and when do you think it will come? Do you think steam cell research is the way forward in curing HIV?

Yes, I think we'll have a "functional" cure before an actual cure (viral eradication). Exactly when this will occur, I can't say. However, we are getting much closer! Check out my three-part blog on this topic on the blog page. (Part 1 is up and Parts 2 and 3 will be posted soon.)

Stem cell research holds great promise for treatment of many disease, including HIV. It's too bad we lost eight years of stem cell research time during the Bush years when government funds for stem cell research were embargoed.

Need question answered, asked a few times, please
Pneumonia, weight loss, shortness of breathe