Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Will I be HIV infected
Feb 6, 2011

Hello Doctor,

Thanks for your answer.

I have donated $40 To your charity account. Really appreciate your hard work and your contribution to socitey.

Just one follow up question.After that I promise never to bug you again.

The follow up question

1)The temperature here is cold and I do have bleeding in my nose.Still there will be no HIV transmission in my case through bleeding Mucus membrance inside my nose...right doctor? 2)Can I have normal life with my wife after this incident?Should i need to tell her?

I m very anxious and afraid doctor...I have two small kids who are dependent on me.I prmise never to enter a strip club.

Please answer doctor

Thanks and kind regards, Worried man

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello again Worried Man,

1. Correct! No transmission risk.

2. I always recommend being honest and leveling with one's spouse/partner. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt and anxiety; it's also the right thing to do.

Dr. Bob

will I be HIV Infected Feb 3, 2011

Hello Doctor,

Last month I had gone to a strip club where i took lap dance from three dancers.I never removed my clothes from my body only exposed path of my body was my hands and my face.

My question is if suppose there is a small amount of blood or any body fluid on the dancers body which can transmit HIV virus and if I touch it by my fingers and put my fingers in my nose assumming that it can be a deep or swallow digging..Will HIV be transmitted?

Please doctor help me..due to fear i cannot concentrate on my work and cannot have a good family life.My sleep is lost due to it.

I want to donate 40$ to your charity organization.Please please pass on the details.

Regards, Worried man

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Worried Man,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent. If HIV were that easily transmitted, it would have wiped out the planet long ago. And as an aside, regardless of whether you are "deep or swallow digging," I'd advise you stop. Although it's not an HIV risk, it does qualify as an unappetizing and most unappealing habit.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. It's warmly welcomed. Donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Please answer doctor Bob,i'm really stress..(ready to donate from Indonesia)
Next
HIV Test

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.