Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please answer doctor Bob,i'm really stress..(ready to donate from Indonesia)
Feb 6, 2011

Dear Dr.Bob; First of all, i'd like to thank you for your invaluable support in providing information and care to those in dire need.I will be sure to donate on the foundation, I am a regular reader and I apologize for the irregular grammar but i hope you can help me with your expertise

I'm 21 years healthy male, I have had unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex with a female sex worker(i changed my condoms 2 times ),6,5 month after exposure i had test,hiv antibody test(ELISA) negative,syphilis result positive,so i got 3 times penicillin g benzhatine shoot,2 week after that test i realized that I had muscle pain, white tongue(for this condition i don't know when it happen),sputum in my throat - headache, muscular legs and around the liver and twitching muscle in whole body,i decided to test again(ELISA),yesterday at 7 month after exposure and the result come back non reactive my question is 1.is there any possibilities hiv transmition from my sex perform?? 2.can i rely on my test result?? 3.is there any possibilities that antibiotic and medicine(i also took levoflaxacin) which i took for my diarrhea and my syphilis will delay window period??

Please help me Doc. I will make a solid donation to your great cause. Thanks,Barry

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Barry from Indonesia,

1. No, your negative HIV tests out to seven months are conclusive, definitive and WOO-HOO-able! HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted.

2. Yes, absolutely.

3. No.

Thank you for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
I wish I could give you a big hug!
Next
Will I be HIV infected

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.