The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Insertive Anal Incident-Negative at 3 months

Feb 6, 2011

I was just wondering if I could put this incident behind me now. My incident: I am an uncircumcised male who engaged in protected insertive anal sex with a male who claimed to be negative back in October. However, about 3/4 of the way through intercourse the condom got lodged up inside him and I didn't noticed until I pulled out and it was gone.

I immediately freaked out and went to try and get N-Pep, but the doctor said that my risk was not high enough. So I waited out these last three months in complete fear. This WAS the only risk I had.

So earlier this week I went to go get tested 13 weeks after the incident. I was tested using the CLEARVIEW HIV 1/2 STAT-PAK ASSAY. On a subject information notice from the company that makes the test the clinic gave me, it said,"If you are certain that you have not had any of the contacts that could transmit HIV in the 3 months before your hiv test, A Negative test result means you were not infected with HIV at the time of testing."

Can I really move on from this incident? Am I HIV-negative?

Response from Dr. Frascino


Yes, I would consider your 13-week test definitively negative. Congratulations and WOO-HOO!

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Follow up question to help WOO HOO! Happy to donate!
transmission of hiv through touching the infected needle and subsequently drawing blood from other person

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint