Follow up question to help WOO HOO! Happy to donate!

Dr. Frascino, I desperately want to accept my woo-hoo but I'm unable to understand it. I asked you and a few other doctors about my case where a person I was with had tested negative for HIV one year after our encounter. Two months before our encounter he was with a woman who had been with a man of unknown status right before she was with him. That woman also tested negative for HIV a year later. So the timeline is Woman was with Unknown Status man. 3 weeks later Woman was with My Friend. 2 Months later My Friend got a little semen in my mouth. 1 year later My Friend got an HIV test and it was negative. You and the two other doctors said I was safe because of his HIV test 1 year after our encounter. I want to accept my Woo-Hoo but I need to understand why I'm safe. If someone is with somebody who has HIV (assume the unknown status man was positive), couldn't they get a small amount of HIV in their system without getting infected (small enough for the body to fight it off). And until the body does fight it off, couldn't they pass it along to others? So she gets exposed, exposing My Friend 3 weeks later and 2 months later I get exposed through him. My friend and the Woman fight it off and test negative 1 year later but I get unlucky and get infected. You and the other docs said that was impossible, but why? Does HIV not work like that? Does it not live inside a person's body for that long if it doesn't end up infecting them? Help me Dr. Frascino! I need to understand that my complicated question is understood and I need to understand the answer. I'm more than happy to donate to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation! Please help!

"If someone is with somebody who has HIV couldn't they get a small amount of HIV in their system without getting infected (small enough for the body to fight it off). And until the body does fight it off, couldn't they pass it along to others?" Nope! HIV doesn't work that way! If someone is exposed to HIV and doesn't get infected, he cannot transmit the virus to someone else. Your HIV risk is nonexistent. Hope that clarifies!

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very much appreciated.

Be well.

Dr. BOB! HELP
Insertive Anal Incident-Negative at 3 months